Today officially marks 3 months since the launch of The Kalon Blog. Oh gosh, where has the time gone?!?!? These past few months have been a whirlwind of chaos, sometimes crazy and stressful, but mostly beautiful fun-filled moments!
I have SO much more to learn and room to grow as a blogger, but I want to thank everyone who has been a supporter of my blog from the beginning! Since today marks 3 months from the launch of my blog, I thought it would be fun to do a little “Get to know me” post. Although my blog is filled with things I love and little snippets of my life, it is still a very small part of me and who I am as a person. So here’s some fun questions so help you get to know me a little better!
The Girl Behind the Blog: Get to Know Me
- College Major? I am a 4-8th grade History and English Education major. My dream is to one day teach English in another country!
- What is your perfect meal? My mom’s homemade Greek Spaghetti. (Family recipe, it’s ah-maze-ing y’all.)
- Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy Endings! Definitely not a scary movie fan. I watched “IT” when I was like five and still haven’t recovered.
- Favorite Netflix Series? One Tree Hill! Sophia Bush is a true girl boss and equally amazing on the show as she is in real life! Sophia Bush, Emma Watson, Lupita Nyong’o and Taylor Swift are definitely my girl crushes!
- Do you have any siblings? Yes! I am a middle child and have two brothers.
- Least favorite subject in High School? Physics..bleh. Or really anything math…not my forte!
- How would you describe your fashion sense? Bohemian and carefree!
- Are you named after anyone? Yes! My first name “Katie” is named after my aunt. (Which I love, she is awesome!) My middle name “Parkitny,” is my mothers maiden name, which is Polish.
- How many countries have you visited? Five, including the U.S! Hoping to grow this list soon!
- Scariest thing you have done? Jumping out of a plane on my 18th birthday! (also the best thing I’ve ever done.)
- Number one place you want to visit in the world? Zakynthos Island.
- What is the last thing you bought? Pizza! 🙂
- Celebrity Crush? Johnny Depp. I’m a hugeeee Pirate’s of the Caribbean fan, can’t wait for the 5th one to come out.
- Weird habit? I have pretty weird eating habits! I hate all kinds of salad dressing, Chick-Fil-A sauce, and soda! (I’m the worst, I know.)
- Favorite book of all time? A Tale of Two Cities.
- Favorite song? I have to name three (hence my indecisiveness.) Tiny Dancer by Elton John, Lovesong by The Cure, and Budapest by George Ezra.
- Do you have any special talents? I used to play piano, but haven’t played in many years! This is definitely a hobby I’d love to get back into.
- What’s the first thing you notice about people? Definitely their smile!
- What quote/phrase do you live by? “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” – unkown
- Why did you start blogging? I starting blogging as a way to share the things I love and document my life. My hope is to inspire others to be bold, fearless, and unapologetically themselves!
I love this post! So fun getting to know you better! 🙂