Todays blog post is all about water. Water is so important for you, yet many people do not reach their recommended daily need! Stay tuned to hear my tips and suggestions to get yourself drinking more water.
First, lets cover why it is so essential to be drinking water!
Benefits of water:
- Helps relieve fatigue
- Flushes out bodies toxins
- Fuels your body
- Aids in clearer skin
- Improves mood & ability to think
These are just a few of the many, many benefits water has for your health and for your body!
Now, lets talk my tips & suggestions for those of you who have a hard time getting yourself to drink water!
5 Ways to Drink more Water:
- Adding fruits or vegetables to your water. This is my first tip because to me, because for me it is the most beneficial! Adding oranges, lemon, or strawberry & cucumber are my faves – but there are so many ways you can mix it up! Some more options are to add lavender, mint, or any other fruit or veggie of your choice. I just slice my fruit and put it in a water bottle or glass, but you can also purchase a Fruit Infuser Water Bottle like this one here or even a Fruit Infused Pitcher.
- Drink a glass of water before every meal. I try to drink a glass of water before every meal or snack! This tip also can help aid in weight loss because the water will fill your stomach and therefore may decrease your appetite and tendency to eat more.
- Setting a goal of how many glasses to drink per day. The rule of thumb for how much water to drink per day is eight 8-ounce glasses. (Just remember, 8 x 8!) However, you water intake may vary on your age, weight, how active you are and other factors. A cool way you can keep track of water you drink is with this Count Me Healthy bracelet. Other methods you can use if you are having trouble drinking enough water a day is setting an alarm on your phone, or keeping a journal to track your daily water intake!
- Buy a nice water bottle. This one may seem a little silly, but it has definitely helped me a lot! Buying a water bottle that keeps your water cold all day long makes it easier to drink more water. Whether you are at work or in classes like me all day, I recommend bringing a water bottle with you to encourage yourself to drink more water. I bring my swell bottle to class every day and fill it up in-between classes!
- Order water at restaurants. I don’t like soda or sweet tea, so this one is easy for me – I always order water at restaurants! But I know some people that never do. If you are someone who alwayyyys orders something other than water – try to gradually start ordering water more. You can start with having water every other time you go out to eat, and then eventually swap out ordering water more and more! The perks of ordering water at restaurants are that it is free AND it is zero calories – it’s a win-win situation!
i love these tips! I have made water my best friend and i don’t regret it! xo
Ash | http://www.theashtreejournal.com
i love these tips! I have made water my best friend and i don’t regret it!
Ash | http://www.theashtreejournal.com
I needed this blog! I’m terrible about drinking water!
It seems silly but buying a nice bottle totally helps! I have a s’well bottle (actually two) and it makes it so much easier! I also like tumblers because drinking with a straw makes life easier too 🙂
Yes to adding fruit to your water and having a nice water bottle! I LOVE adding lemons to my water, and I recently bought the CamelBak Chute bottle that’s AMAZING – I’ve noticed that it’s already caused me to drink more water!
SOOO much yes to this!! I seriously drink SO much water! I can do it plan or love dressing it up with cucumber or strawberries! haha
This is SO usedul! I feel like I never drink enough water and I know I should. I am definitely implementing some of these tips!
I definitely needed this. I’ve been so dehydrated lately and all I do is drink coffee but not water. I am going to try to work these into my day to day. Thanks!
Water with lemon is my go-to drink at restaurants. We have a Coke Freestyle machine in my office and it also has flavored Dasani water. Love drinking it throughout the day.
Katie | http://www.millennialonthemove.com
Love this! I go through about four of five bottles of water at work ALONE. I’m chugging it constantly.
I drink tons of water each day to ensure that I’m always hydrated haha.
I’m trying to be better about drinking water! There are so many benefits to drinking it. I’ve been adding a drop of my lemon essential oil to my water bottle and it feels life changing.
Casey // adolescentadulthood.co
I always drink WAY more water at restaraunts just because they’re always refilling it. I try to always keep a full glass of water at my desk at work to encourage me to stay hydrated.
I used to hate water (and drink exclusively koolade lol) but now I love it! Especially with fun twists like these!
I love adding fruits and veggies. Strawberry cucumber is a current favorite combo!